Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Happy Summer!



 I Did Nothing Today

Author Unknown

When children come home at the end of the day, 
The question they're asked as they run out to play
Is "Tell me what did you do today?" 
And the answer they give makes you sigh with dismay.
"Nothing, I did nothing today!"
Perhaps "Nothing" means that I read a book,
.......with a teacher I got to cook.
Maybe I painted a picture of blue,
Or heard a story about a mouse that flew.
Maybe I wrote my name by myself,
Or found a giant book on the library shelf.
Maybe I helped a friend today,
Or went to my favorite area alone, 
Maybe today was the very first time
That my scissors followed a very straight line,
Maybe I sang a song right to the end,
Or worked with a special brand new friend.
When you're three, four, or five your heart has wings
And "Nothing" can mean so many things.

💚Thank you for allowing me to be part of your Child's "Nothing". We sure did a lot of "Nothing" this year.  I feel so blessed to be able to be a small part of their lives💚


Have a wonderful Summer!
Mrs. Devenney

Happy Summer!

  I Did Nothing Today Author Unknown When children come home at the end of the day,  The question they're asked as they run out to play ...