Friday, November 30, 2018

November 26th - November 29th

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with friends, family and your little ones.  I am so thankful to have been able to start my holiday with these little faces.  I am so grateful to each of you for sharing them with me daily.


Related image


Before we left for the break, we enjoyed a Charlie Brown style Thanksgiving feast with our friends in PreK and K.  We enjoyed bread, popcorn, M & Ms, and pretzels just like Charlie Brown and his friends.  We also enjoyed pretending to be pilgrims or Native Americans.  






Montessori Work Time
It is always exciting when we have NEW work on the shelves!  We continue to work a full hour each day and after the Christmas break we will begin the Montessori snack table.  This will make our work period and hour and a half.  

















Image result for hibernation clip art
This week we learned about Hibernation.  We talked about why some animals need to go into a deep sleep during the winter months.  Some of us were surprised to find out that turtles are hibernators too!!!  
Check us out hibernating!



Image result for sick clip art'Tis the season for illnesses!

Just a reminder, the HCA sick policy is that children must be fever, diarrhea, and/or vomit free (without meds) for 24 hours.  I will do my best to make sure our classroom is wiped down and sanitized each day. I ask that you use your best judgement when your child is not feeling well too.   




Image result for reminder clip art

-Please read the reminder email that went out about Grandparents/Special Persons day.  Let me know if you have any questions.

-Our Christmas break begins on December 20th.  Classes will resume January 3rd.  


Have a great weekend!
Mrs. Devenney

Happy Summer!

  I Did Nothing Today Author Unknown When children come home at the end of the day,  The question they're asked as they run out to play ...