This week we did some process art. Process art is open ended, experiential, unstructured, self-motivated, creative and unique. It focuses on the creative process, or the doing, rather than the outcome.
It is through the doing that children learn: problem solving, experimentation, expression, scientific thinking, mathematical understanding and language development.
Children gain confidence when they create something based off of their own ideas.
The children used tissue paper, a paint brush and water to create their own collage. They were so excited to see how the colors bled together to create their picture.
- Help them to verbalize their feelings.
- Model behavior: children are always watching! Provide a good model of problem solving.
- Read stories with conflict resolution to your child.
- The Bad Seed by Jory John
- Stick and Stone by Beth Ferry
- The Boy with BIG, BIG Feelings by Britney Winn Lee
- Ruby finds a worry by Tom Percival
- The Way I Feel by Janan Cain
- What if everybody did that? by Ellen Javernick
- Praise them when a conflict is independently resolved
There will be no school on Friday, May 28th and Monday, May 31st in observance of the Memorial Day holiday.
The last day of school is Wednesday, June 9th. This will be a noon dismissal for all students. There will be NO HCA PLUS.
A reminder to please complete the Diversity and Inclusion survey as soon as possible. Click here for the link.
Don’t forget to send in your family leaf for the Family Leaf project.
Please refer to the Happenings for updates on upcoming school wide events.